Electrical Engineer, Princeton, NJ – Full Time
About Coolsys Energy Design
Coolsys Energy Design, is a full-service consulting engineering firm headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey with branch offices in Texas, Minnesota and Florida. Our company provides mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, energy management, plumbing and fire safety design engineering services. Our goal is to continuously seek cost-effective and energy efficient solutions and designs, challenging conventional solutions and bringing innovative options to our clients. The multitude of professional services provided by Coolsys Energy Design takes a knowledgeable and experienced team who can take several disciplines and make them work seamlessly together.
Why should YOU choose Coolsys Energy Design?
At Coolsys Energy Design, we are always seeking the best and brightest individuals to join our team. We provide significant growth opportunities, up to partnership level, for employees rising to the top. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to supporting training opportunities for continual professional development. Our team is made up of a group of motivated and passionate individuals who work by our mantra to provide our clients with quality services and designs. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Job Description & Responsibilities
To support our rapid growth, Coolsys Energy Design is in search of an experienced Electrical Designer and/or Electrical Engineer to join our Princeton team. Our ideal candidate will be able to building commercial electrical systems while maintaining positive relationships with clients and vendors.
In this role, the Electrical Engineer/Designer will:
- Preparation and creation of detailed electrical designs.
- Identify project requirements based on the electric utility interconnect agreements, contracts, regulatory requirements, etc. and design components to address the site-specific requirements.
- Create and maintain AutoCAD drawing packages.
- Generate and review engineering deliverables in a timely manner.
- Manage junior engineers and designers; assign and prioritize work load for the team.
- Maintain responsible control over all design activities pertaining to the project, including engineering, quality control, and code compliance.
- Ensure work is executed accurately and in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure preparation of the design’s calculations and engineering drawings is constructible and compile code and customer requirements.
- Comply with project schedules, regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Assess and anticipate deliverables, prepares budget and schedule, and communicates resource requirements to senior management.
- Represent Coolsys Energy Design in project meetings covering technical issues, including meetings with utilities, owners, contractors, construction subcontractors, and inspectors.
- 10+ years of experience within the MEP industry related to commercial and industrial building
- Strong fundamental skills in electrical design.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines are considered based on experience and skill-set.
- AutoCAD/design experience. Revit Knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities, as well as demonstrated high quality technical writing skills and proficiency in English.
- Team player with sound business ethics and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to achieve project goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, in order to develop a full understanding of building energy systems and their operation.
This position will require minimal travel to project sites. Our ideal candidate will reside local to the Mercer/Middlesex county area. Coolsys Energy Design is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
If you are a passionate candidate who feels they could bring value to Coolsys Energy Design, please send your resume to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!